I stopped blogging. Immediately after Skyrim came out. I was going so strong. I was so proud of myself….
But now i’m back! Sort of. I am still too engaged in Skyrim to play any other games. No Assassins Creed Revelations, no Saints Row The Third, no Harry Potter Years 5-7. I just keep slaying dragons, hangin with my nord Elliana and discovering more parts of Skyrim.
What a fantastic game though. Amiright? Geesh….it has really blown my mind. I’m about 80 hours in which pales in comparison to most. I haven’t had a chance to play in a week because of the craziness that is the “holidays” but I ache for it.
Not that it matters but I wanted to give my personal Game of the Year for 2011. After much deliberation with myself, I think i’m going to have to give it to Batman Arkham City.
I know. Everyone else on the planet gave it to Skyrim and i’m half tempted to do the same. But here is my reasoning:
1) Skyrim has been done before. It’s called Oblivion. I realize that there are a few differences between these games but still, it’s been done. Sure, I guess you can argue that Arkham Asylum existed before City but they were worlds apart. Two completely different games.
2) Graphically Skyrim isn’t better than RAGE. It’s beautiful, but it’s no RAGE. That’s disappointing.
3) Batman Arkham City was game-changing. They took every single thing that needed to be improved in Batman Arkham Asylum and improved it. TEN FOLD. Then added about 500 extra awesome features and constructed the perfect game.
4) Skyrim is entirely too huge. I could literally play this game for the next 6 months and still not touch the main missions. It’s overwhelming. It’s scary. They created a game that ends gaming!! It doesn’t deserve a medal. Skyrim deserves to be enclosed in a magical ring that can only be opened by the great great great grandchild of Todd Howard. Only after said grandchild to the thirdth power locates a secret key that is buried in a friggin lake in the middle of Canada. That key unlocks a door that is unknown to anyone except for a skunk ape that is roaming around alligator alley in Florida. The location of door is on a map that is located in a tiny vial that has been injected into the skunk apes skull.
Seriously, it shouldn’t have been made. It’s like World of Warcraft….but fun.
It ends your life.
5) The characters. Joker. Give me a break.
I’ll give Skyrim runner-up but that’s all I can do.
Hopefully i’ll play some games and blog about some stuff soon. In the meantime, have a happy holidays and stuffs.